Saturday, January 9, 2010

Back in Action

So I got bitten by the blogging bug again, reading other blogs and realizing that I too am a whore for attention.

It's been awhile since I last posted and a lot has happened.

I sang in a local choir for Christmas, though I only knew "Silent Night" of the repetoire. The other songs were all regional French songs that I had never heard before. It was interesting to say the least. After the show I met a very pleasant English couple who took pity on my relative poverty and invited me in out of the cold to feast on lamb and relate tales of adventure.

Christmas was going to be rather uneventful. My friend went to Paris with her friend and I was going to just hold down the fort here in Nerac. However, when one of my French friends from the states heard about my lack of plans, she had her parents invite me to stay with them in beautiful southwest France, where I ate like a king, learned a new French card game, and generally relaxed and made merry.

Now it is 2010 and the snow is falling again, making a general mess of the roads. Snow is a rare event here, and, like Northern Arkansas, they are ill-equipped to deal with it. Kind of feels like home.

I'd like to share some deep thoughts, but I really don't have any today. I have been steadily distracting myself with podcasts, ranging from the political to the educational to the merely entertaining. This has spared me the need to think about anything at all...a mind-numbing opiate that I can indulge in anywhere but the shower.

Still, it IS a New Year, and I have yet to think of any good resolutions. So far all I have is:

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Any suggestions to help me flesh out the list? What are you resolving this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment